Located in our Ladera Ranch office is Sharon “Sam” Randlett Major, a board certified lactation consultant.
Sam earned her bachelor’s degree in business management from the University of Phoenix and her IBCLC from the University of California, San Diego. She has worked with mothers, babies, and families as a registered nurse for over 3 decades. Sam has been an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant since 2003. The core of her nursing experience has included working as a hospital lactation consultant, providing inpatient family centered care, specialized care for sick/premature infants and their families, teaching breastfeeding and infant care classes, telephone consulting and follow-up care in an outpatient clinic.
Sam was a former chair of the Orange County Breast Feeding Coalition and a former secretary for the Orange County Lactation Consultants Association. She and her husband live in Dana Point and have two adult children (who were breastfed of course).
An in-office lactation visit includes:
- A detailed history of mother/infant
- An assessment of maternal/infant anatomy
- Observation of a feeding for evaluation of technique and effectiveness
- Recommendations for management to improve and/or resolve breastfeeding related issues
- A written and/or oral care plan to improve breastfeeding concerns
- A written medical report is sent to your health care provider
Sam may be contacted at (949) 422-1577, or you may reach her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.